WiMAX Strategic Capex Model for Fixed Subscribers
Interested in WiMAX? Want to set up a network? Some of the questions that come up are:
- How much infrastructure (Base Station equipment) do you need?
- How large an area can you cover?
- How many subscribers can you support?
- What impact does penetration(uptake) of subscribers have?
- What happens when you change the maximum data rate?
- How does changing the frequency affect these?
- What Impact does the amount of spectrum have?
Questions like these can be answered by the WIMAX Strategic Capex Model, which has been set up for suburban in-building fixed subscribers. This model allows you to input various parameters over a 10 year cycle and see the results. The model includes the following capabilities:
- Input Suburban Coverage Area
- Input how quickly this area will be covered
- Input In-building Suburban Subscriber numbers
- Input the Uptake (Penetration) rate
- Select Maximum Data Rate / Sub
- Input Revenue / Sub
- Input your equipment pricing
- Select frequency of operation
- Select amount of bandwidth
The Model takes in these parameters and provides a list of equipment needed for in-building suburban subscribers, including:
- How much traffic is supported?
- How much potential Revenue can be generated?
- How much Funding is required for the Capital equipment (Base Station, Backhaul, Bundled Network Management and Data Network and Customer Premises Equipment)?
- Cash Flow (Revenue – Funding) over the 10 year cycle.
- Included is the breakeven point when cash flow goes from negative (red) to positive (black) and NPV of the cash flow which can be calculated based upon various interest rates